ExactRail HO Scale: FMC 5327 12' Plug Door Boxcar - Minnesota, Dakota and Western '1993 Repaint'
In 1979, FMC Corporation built 10’-6 and 12’-0 plug door versions of its 5327 exterior post boxcar. Of the two versions, the 12’-0 plug door is the most distinctive. The wide plug door on a 50’ exterior post car was very modern for this era. Originally the 5327 Boxcars were delivered to Chattahoochee Industrial Railway, East Camden & Highland, Minnesota Dakota & Western, and New Orleans Public Belt. The cars went on to multiple second, third and now fourth hand owners. Most were patched over but some did go on to be repainted. About the Minnesota, Dakota and Western '1993 Repaint' Paint Scheme:
In the mid 1990s the Minnesota, Dakota and Western began to shop and repaint some of their fleet of FMC 5327 Boxcars with 12' plug doors. This much more simple scheme in green was typical of the humble boxcar in the 1990s through today. While not as flashy as before, paint schemes of the modern era are all business. These can still be seen today in the twilight of their life earning their keep. Model Features:
- Designed, Engineered and Tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Kadee #58 couplers
- ExactRail's exclusive 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control' Trucks
- CNC- machined metal wheel sets
- Razor sharp painting and printing
- Scale: HO Scale
- Product Line: Evolution Series
- RailRoad: MDW
- Coupler Type: Kadee #58
- Truck Type: ExactRail 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control'
- Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels
- Era: 1993 to Today
- Region: Midwest
- Minimum Radius: 22"
To view other available paint schemes on this model click HERE