ExactRail HO Scale: FMC 5327 12' Plug Door Boxcar - Chattahoochee '1999 Repaint'
In 1979, FMC Corporation built 10’-6 and 12’-0 plug door versions of its 5327 exterior post boxcar. Of the two versions, the 12’-0 plug door is the most distinctive. The wide plug door on a 50’ exterior post car was very modern for this era. Originally the 5327 Boxcars were delivered to Chattahoochee Industrial Railway, East Camden & Highland, Minnesota Dakota & Western, and New Orleans Public Belt. The cars went on to multiple second, third and now fourth hand owners. Most were patched over but some did go on to be repainted. About the Chattahoochee '1999 Repaint' Paint Scheme:
In the late 1990s the Chattahoochee Industrial Railway fleet of FMC 5327 Boxcars with 12' plug doors was in need of some TLC. At that time they were 20 years old. The CIRR began applying a typical of the era, a spartan red scheme with reporting marks only. This common scheme for a boxcar of this modern era will fit on any contemporary layout. Add one (or three) today! Model Features:
- Designed, Engineered and Tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Kadee #58 couplers
- ExactRail's exclusive 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control' Trucks
- CNC- machined metal wheel sets
- Razor sharp painting and printing
- Scale: HO Scale
- Product Line: Evolution Series
- RailRoad: CIRR
- Coupler Type: Kadee #58
- Truck Type: ExactRail 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control'
- Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels
- Era: 1999 to Today
- Region: South East
- Minimum Radius: 22"
To view other available paint schemes on this model click HERE