ExactRail HO Scale: Bethlehem 3737 Hopper - Union Pacific '1985 Repaint'
The Bethlehem 3737/3716 Hopper is an icon railcar of the last quarter century, and ExactRail is pleased to announce a new release of the Bethlehem 3737/3716 Hoppers in 3 all new paint schemes, new road numbers, undecorated kits and 2 exclusive schemes for TrainLife.com!
With over 10,000 units produced, this is one of the most prolific, Western steel hoppers of last 40 years. The first Bethlehem 3737/3716 delivery went to the Chicago & Eastern Illinois in 1973, and subsequent orders went to the Texas & Pacific, Missouri Pacific, Chicago & North Western as well as various utilities, like Indianapolis Power and Light. These are still in service as of 2021, and many have been rebuilt into 4000 capacity cars—which, ExactRail also offers!
About the Union Pacific '1985 Repaint' Paint Scheme:
MP 582216 is an odd, and as far as we know, unique car. Painted in the same stacked UNION PACIFIC scheme commonly seen on UP's massive Bethlehem 3600 Hopper fleet, but with MP reporting marks. In fact when we first saw it, we assumed it was just another 3600 cu.ft. hopper. This sheep in wolves clothing if you will, be a great welcome in you mid 1980s to modern day coal train.
- Unparalleled attention to letter accuracy and placement.
- ExactRail’s equalized 100 ton ASF Ride Control Trucks
- Machined metal wheel sets and axles
- Kadee ® #158 “scale” couplers
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: key detail, shank wedges, striker castings and full nut and bolt detail
- Wire coupler cut levers, grab irons, brake rods and lever hangers!
Accurate Bethlehem 3737 details, including:
- Single door Wine locks
- 4’ 10.5” vertical brake lever
- Welded top chord gussets
- Sub center sill brake rod
- Etched metal slake adjustor guard
- Interior braces
- Interior wheel well panels
- Floor mounted air reservoir
- 2 Load Styles included with each hopper!
View other Available Paint Schemes of ExactRail Bethlehem Hoppers: