HO SCALE: Bethlehem 3716 Hopper - Missouri Pacific
1984 Small Eagle Repaint
About the Missouri Pacific (MP) 3716 - 1984 “Small Eagle” repaint scheme:
Missouri Pacific (MP) 1984 “Small Eagle” repaint scheme: In June of 1984, the Union Pacific/Missouri Pacific organization repainted a large number of Bethlehem 3737 and 3716 hoppers into a scheme that we call “small eagle” repaints with all new numbers These cars are exceptionally accurate models of the 3716-repaint scheme. We recommend you mix these with the sister “Small Eagle” repaint scheme of the 3737 capacity cars and capture detail and nuance that is only offered by ExactRail.
ABOUT THE BETHLEHEM 3737 HOPPER
With over 10,000 units produced, this is one of the most prolific, Western steel hoppers of last 40 years. The first Bethlehem 3737 delivery went to the Chicago & Eastern Illinois in 1973, and subsequent orders went to the Texas & Pacific, Missouri Pacific and Chicago & North Western. These are still in service as of 2014, and many have been rebuilt into 4000 capacity cars.”
- Various paint schemes and Undecorated Kits!
- Unparalleled attention to letter accuracy and placement.
- ExactRail’s equalized 100 ton ASF Ride Control Trucks
- Machined metal wheel sets and axles
- Kadee ® #158 “scale” couplers
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: key detail, shank wedges, striker castings and full nut and bolt detail
- Accurate Bethlehem 3737 details, including:
- Single door Wine locks
- 4’ 10.5” vertical brake lever
- Welded top chord gussets
- Sub center sill brake rod
- Etched metal slake adjustor guard
- Interior braces
- Interior wheel well panels
- Floor mounted air reservoir
- Wire coupler cut levers, grab irons, brake rods and lever hangers!
- 2 Load Styles included with each hopper!
Scale: HO Scale
Product Line: Platinum Series
Coupler Type: Kadee #158
Truck Type: ExactRail ASF 100 Ton Ride Control Trucks
Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels