Kato N Scale: GG1 Electric - DCC-Ready - PRR Brunswick Green
The GG1, one of the PRR's most famous and recognizable locomotives, is also one of the most curiously designed. Technically two locomotives under one shell (a "G" class locomotive is a 4-6-0 by PRR specification, therefore the GG1 was two "G" locomotives in a 4-6-0:0-6-4 arrangement). This added up to a 4.6k horsepower locomotive that was staggeringly powerful, even by today's standards. Designed in the 20's, built in 30's, and not retired until the 80's, the GG1 had an incredible lifespan (even when they were cut in two and run as GG½'s) and survives today as a testament to its time in both its unique Loewy-design and overwhelming performance.
- PRR Units are designed to accompany the Kato Broadway Limited passenger trains.
- Blackened metal Pantographs
- Able to go through an 249mm (9 ¾”) radius S-Curve
- Shock absorber construction gives even traction and performance, even on the roughest track
- Powerful mechanism able to pull a full 15 car Broadway Ltd. Consist up a 4% grade
- Illuminated + Directional Class lights, headlight, and number boards