ExactRail PS-2CD 4427 Covered Hopper - Frisco '1964 As-Delivered'
Beginning in the 1960’s, covered hoppers took over 40' boxcars for grain service. The Pullman Standard 4427 cubic foot low-side covered hopper is one of the legendary cars that helped make this transition successful. Graced with many colorful paint schemes and plying the rails through all corners of North America, these cars carried numerous dry commodities including grain, corn, wheat, flour and many other forms of dry bulks.
The Pullman Standard 4427 low-hip covered hopper is a classic of North American railroading!
About the Frisco '1964 As-Delivered' Paint Scheme:
The St. Louis - San Francisco had a sizable fleet of 225 PS-2CD 4427 Covered Hoppers. The six offered road numbers come from the first lot of 150 cars delivered in 1964 (81200-81349). Pullman would deliver another 75 cars in 1965. These cars would be a common site throughout the midwest and would eventually become part of the inventory of cars on the Burlington Northern.
- Precision Micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- ExactRail's equalized 100 ton ASF Ride Control Trucks
- Machined metal wheels sets - Kadee® #58 "scale" couplers!
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail.
- Numerous hand-applied details, including: separately applied air hoses, bell crank, and brake appliances!
- Photo-etched, stainless steel roof walk and brake platform
- Exceptionally accurate printing and true to life colors!
- Wire coupler cut levers, brake rigging, and brake rods
Scale: HO Scale
Product Line: Platinum Series
Coupler Type: Kadee #58
Truck Type: ExactRail 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control' Trucks
Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels
Era: 1964 - 1980's
Minimum Radius: 22"