ExactRail HO Scale: Milwaukee Road 3898 Ribside Boxcar - Hiawatha '2-40 - As-Delivered'
Built in the golden years when the railroad designed and engineered its own rolling stock, Milwaukee's rib side box car is easily one of the most prolific and recognizable signature cars of all time.
The Milwaukee Road's Rib Side boxcar is a platinum quality model that includes full-length rib profiles which have been meticulously recreated and hand-etched wood grain for perfect weight and tone. Complete with panel type camel doors, 5-5 dreadnaught ends and precision detailed lumber door, ExactRail's Milwaukee Rib Side Box Car is an exclusive replica to please enthusiasts and collectors alike.
- Designed, Engineered and Tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Kadee #58 couplers
- ExactRail's exclusive 50 ton Barber S-2 Friction Bearing Trucks
- CNC- machined metal wheel sets
- Razor sharp painting and printing
- Free standing and accurate underbody and brake details
- Wire coupler cut lever bars
- Separately applied air hoses
About the Hiawatha '2-40 - As-Delivered' paint scheme:
The 19188-21187 group of 1000 cars started to hit the rails in February 1940 and the final cars were finished by June of that year. The numbers in this batch arrived at the beginning and arrived in February. This group of cars were built with wood running boards and were equipped with Universal hand brakes.
- Scale: HO Scale
- Product Line: Platinum Series
- RailRoad: MILW
- Coupler Type: Kadee #58
- Truck Type: ExactRail 50 ton Barber S-2 Friction Bearing Trucks
- Wheels: CNC-Machined 33" wheels
- Era: 1940 - 1960's
- Region: Midwest
- Minimum Radius: 22"
For other available paint schemes of the ExactRail Milwaukee Road 3898 Ribside Boxcar click HERE