Walthers Cornerstone HO Scale: Machine Shop - Kit
While most roads had one major backshop, the prototypes for the Walthers Cornerstone HO Scale Machine Shop allowed railroads to make repairs at outlying terminals since it was often faster, more cost-effective and got the locomotives back on the road and earning their keep. As new engine terminals were built, most received a machine shop capable of handling just about any type of repair that might be needed.
It also includes a boiler house, which would supply steam, electricity and compressed air to the entire facility. Large roll-up doors can be built open or closed, and the baseplate of the Machine Shop kit has slots that accept popular rail sizes.
- Authentic North American prototype
- Use with late steam and diesel-era layouts
- Matches design of Walthers Modern Roundhouse kit
- Separate windows
- Floor baseplate accepts popular rail sizes
- Molded in appropriate colors plus clear window glazing
The Machine Shop measures: Building: 13-5/8 x 8-3/4 x 5-1/8" • 34 x 21.8 x 12.8cm
Smokestack: 10-1/4" 25.6cm Tall