ExactRail HO Scale: FMC 5327 12' Plug Door Boxcar - Chattahoochee '1979 - As-Delivered'
In 1979, FMC Corporation built 10’-6 and 12’-0 plug door versions of its 5327 exterior post boxcar. Of the two versions, the 12’-0 plug door is the most distinctive. The wide plug door on a 50’ exterior post car was very modern for this era. Originally the 5327 Boxcars were delivered to Chattahoochee Industrial Railway, East Camden & Highland, Minnesota Dakota & Western, and New Orleans Public Belt. The cars went on to multiple second, third and now fourth hand owners. Most were patched over but some did go on to be repainted. About the Chattahoochee '1979 - As-Delivered' Paint Scheme:
The Chattahoochee Industrial Railway acquired 100 new FMC 5327 Boxcars with 12' plug doors in November of 1979. These were part of equipment series 90201-90300. This attractive gray scheme with a map of Georgia and the home of the CIRR, Early County, highlighted in red is stunning and unique. In the late 1990s the CIRR began to shop and repaint these cars in a spartan red scheme. Model Features:
- Designed, Engineered and Tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Kadee #58 couplers
- ExactRail's exclusive 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control' Trucks
- CNC- machined metal wheel sets
- Razor sharp painting and printing
- Scale: HO Scale
- Product Line: Evolution Series
- Coupler Type: Kadee #58
- Truck Type: ExactRail100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control'
- Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels
- Era: 1979 to 1990's
- Region: South East
- Minimum Radius: 22"
To view other available paint schemes on this model click HERE